Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Inner Spark, Principle Gallery

Holiday Small Works Show
Principle Gallery
Saturday, December 3, 2011
 
Inner Spark
9" x 12"
oil on panel
sold

The chalk lines show the sparks that would be coming 
out of this wonderful toy gun. You pull the trigger and 
have the surprise of whistling whirling sounds.
Sparks jump and spring, out and about.

This is a late 1950's friction spark Space Ray Gun 
made in Japan. In my internet searching, 
I have also come across simular designs made
in China in the early 1970's.

Here is a little video of this toy in action:

208 King Street, Alexandria, VA
703-739-0528

1 comment:

  1. You've used your slate before, and I think it works as it should. I'd like to work mine into another piece, but I keep waiting - for something else to fit besides Rocket Chalk. I almost missed this post - I'm glad I tracked back!

    ReplyDelete