Sunday, October 21, 2012

Zap!

Zap!
16" x 20"
oil on panel
sold


This painting shows a 1950's Space Jet toy friction gun 
from KO Japan.

Rayguns, blasters, some that spark, some that are water pistols. 
I love them. 
I love their graphics, I love their shapes, I love their colors.
I love how my imagination sends me out to space, 
wondering about rocket ships,
invaders, martians, new planets to land on and discover. 

 This photo shows some great examples of other toy ray guns. 
There is a whole world of them, many to explore and learn about. Here is a link to i09, 
where they talk about the secret origin of the ray gun 
in science fiction.

Another wonderful site to learn more about toy ray guns is 
Justin Pinchot's Toy Ray Gun.

detail
Zap!
oil on panel


Zap! 
will be showing at
Mason Murer Fine Art
November 2 - December 31, 2012
Reception
November 9, 2012
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Atlanta, GA

No comments:

Post a Comment