Monday, September 8, 2014

Good Dog Barky

Good Dog Barky
16" x 12"
oil on panel

Featured in this painting is Barky
made in 1958 by Fisher-Price Toys Inc
of East Aurora , NY.
He is a Boston Terrier pull toy.
When his wheels roll
his eyes move up and down 
and he makes a little clacking noise.

Let me show you the little gentleman 
who was my inspiration for this painting,
my own good dog Oliver.
Here is a side by side comparison photo:

Barky                           Oliver

Fisher-Price did such a fantastic job
capturing that Boston Terrier expression.
My Oliver's favorite activity in the world,
next to sleeping under blankets, is playing fetch.
 I truly believe if he was the size of a labrador 
he would carry multiple tennis balls at one time
like I have seen some labradors do.

Here are some in progress shots of my painting:
Work in progress of the baseball.

Work in progress of Barky.

Detail shots 
of the finished painting. . .



Principle Gallery Charleston
125 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401
843-727-4500






No comments:

Post a Comment