Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years 2011

My name is Teresa N. Fischer. I am a still life painter. I am a painter of realism.

I am a collector of many things. I love old toys: Japanese tin toys, wooden blocks, little people, pull toys, soda crates, glass bottles, old rusty toys cars, spaceships, bottle caps,
marbles, celluloid toys, dice, old sign letters, rocks, feathers, nuts, bolts, the list goes on and on. 

I am attracted to objects from yesterday that seem to want their story told. I am drawn to their color, textures, nicks, scrapes, scratches, chips, and tears. I wonder what adventures they have been on.  I get them out of their boxes, drawers, attics, and trunks.  I search out flea markets and junk stores. Or it may be something I stumble upon on a walk looking down at my feet, or something someone has given me.

I play. I position. I set the stage, adjust the lighting, and create the shadows that add to the drama. I rekindle that childlike feeling in myself while I plan out my compositions. I take that nostalgic object and give it a moment in the spot light. 

To begin 2011 I want to start a blog. A blog about my paintings. A place to talk about my creative process, and my inspirations. A place to talk about the objects in my collections, where I found them, the people I have met, and what I have learned about their history.

I look forward to the adventures 2011 brings me, 
the new paintings I will create, 
and the new people I will meet along the way.
  

Happy New Year!

Meandering Marbles   16" x 12"  oil on linen
sold


2 comments:

  1. Hey Teresa,

    Great to see you blogging as I believe we have had work shown together at Eliiot Fouts Gallery and I love your paintings :-)
    I'll add a link to my site and hope yo get lots of visitors.

    Cheers,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words Paul. Yes , our work is together at Elliott Fouts Gallery. To hear you like my work is such a great compliment, you are such a fantastic accomplished artist. Thank you for the link add, I will add yours as well.

    Best to the New Year!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete